If you want to know more about these pillowcases, please visit my previous post here.
After making 13 of these pillowcases, I wasn't sure if I wanted to tackle more. But, I got a request from someone who I couldn't refuse - well, more of just a heavy hint - he wanted a "mismatched" set of pillowcases with matching bands (like the ones I made for his sons/my nephews).
I had leftover black/white stripes, ordered some urban zoologie and bought some matching fabric for the band. I actually ordered some fabric for the band over the internet, but when it came, it wasn't the right shade of blue. Thank goodness for the LQS!
All the seams are serged for sturdiness.
The pillowcases probably took 1 hour each from start to finish. That includes the cutting, serging, darning in of the ends and the topstitching (plus all the ironing inbetween). I think that 1 hour (per pillowcase) is a very reasonable amount of time for something so great looking. A very fast quilting project to give as a present :)